Please read our General Disclaimer before you start using this Fact Sheet.
What it is about?
This Fact sheet contains information about number of licences per model over time in the UK.
What can you use it for?
- If you are interested about the general trends in the auto industry
- If you would like to analyse a particular brand or model
- Maybe it can help you in your car purchase decision
What are the exact data sources used?
- VEH0120: Licensed vehicles by make and model: Great Britain and United Kingdom (ODS, 21.6MB)
How these sources were modified?
- Brand, Model, Type information was not readily available from the data source. Because how the data was collected the Model and Type information is an artificial split.
- UK and GB numbers was separately available, so filtered the data to only contain UK numbers to avoid double counting.
- Only those Brands are visible in the report that had at least 10.000 licences at the end of Q4/2018, this decreases the number of brands from 347 to 51 but the overall number of licences only decreased to 32.36 Million from 32.49 Million. This should make the data much more digestible.